Footnotes and References
- Bill Garmer was inducted into the University of Kentucky College of Law Hall of Fame in 2014.
- Hilen v. Hays was recently named the “No. 1 Civil Jury Verdict in Kentucky of All Time” by the Kentucky Trial Court Review on February 26, 2018, the culmination of a 150-year history of civil jury trials in Kentucky.
- In Saint Joseph Healthcare, Inc. v. Thomas, 487 S.W.3d 864, 867 (Ky. 2016), a paraplegic homeless man was denied treatment at a hospital’s emergency department. The Kentucky Supreme Court affirmed a punitive damages award of $1.45 million, which was 386 times the compensatory damages awarded against the same defendant.
- Bill Garmer and Jay Prather Super Lawyers Profiles
- Garmer & Prather, PLLC, has been named a Tier 1 Law Firm for Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs by U.S. News & World Report/Best Lawyers.
- ‘Patients are getting screwed’ as Kentucky’s under-staffed nursing homes go unfixed