When patients turn to a doctor, surgeon or another medical professional, they expect skilled help based on a professional standard of care. Unfortunately, physicians sometimes make medical mistakes. The attorneys of Garmer & Prather help individuals and families who have suffered personal injury or death due to medical errors or medical malpractice.A Team Approach
The lawyers of Garmer & Prather serve people in Lexington and throughout Kentucky. Our team approach to medical malpractice litigation involves not only our experienced attorneys, but it also includes the services of investigators and medical experts who are crucial to a comprehensive case strategy. When choosing expert witnesses to testify on behalf of our clients, we seek to retain the country's leading experts in the particular medical field. We have experience with a wide range of medical malpractice claims, including those involving:
- Surgical error: Bariatric surgery, heart surgery, failure to remove sponges or other foreign bodies after surgery, wrong-site surgery, failure to provide appropriate post-op care
- Birth trauma: Erb's palsy, cerebral palsy, shoulder dystocia, asphyxiation, birth injuries, stillbirth
- Failure to diagnose and misdiagnosis: Heart attack, stroke, lung cancer, breast cancer, severe infections, dissected aorta
- Emergency room error: Failure to treat a severe medical condition, failure to diagnose, improper treatment
- Medication errors: Failure to check allergy information and medical history, wrong dosage of medicine, wrong type of medicine
- And many other types of malpractice claims
To best provide for the needs of our clients, we strictly limit the number of cases that we handle. Our comprehensive process starts with taking the time to fully understand a client's situation and explain the legal implications of his or her medical malpractice claim. By dedicating our practice to one-on-one attorney/client relationships, we can keep clients informed and best pursue their legal objectives.
Contact us if you have questions about a serious injury caused by medical malpractice.