Workplace and Investor Rights
At Garmer & Prather, PLLC, our lawyers represent business owners and executives in the legal disputes that affect their ability to do business. We handle commercial disputes, including:
- Breach of contract — Whether you have been harmed by a breach of contract or have been accused of violating an agreement, our attorneys have the business litigation experience and business acumen to help you protect your interests.
- Business fraud and breach of fiduciary duty — Those who do business are bound by legal and ethical standards for honest conduct. We represent businesses affected by fraud or deceptive practices by colleagues, clients or competitors.
- Whistleblower and qui tam lawsuits — We assist employees and other whistleblowers who have made the difficult decision to report unlawful behavior.
- Partner and shareholder disputes — Internal struggles can weaken the foundation of a business, affecting its profitability. We help executives resolve these matters so they can get back to business as usual.
- Disagreements over mergers, acquisitions and other business transactions.
- Employment law disputes — We advocate for businesses and employees in disagreements over the scope of noncompete, nondisclosure and trade secret agreements.
- Commercial real estate litigation — Real estate transactions are highly complex and full of potential pitfalls. We help property owners and buyers resolve disputes over these transactions as efficiently as possible.
- Defamation — We can provide representation in cases involving libel and slander.
Our founding partner, Bill Garmer, has represented businesses ranging from sole proprietorships to entities with national and international reach. With 40 years of experience handling complex litigation and leadership positions in respected legal organizations in Kentucky and nationwide, he has a strong reputation in the legal and business communities of Kentucky.Contact Us for a Consultation
Our knowledgeable business litigation attorneys serve Lexington and the entire state of Kentucky. To discuss your case and learn more about your legal options, please contact us at (859) 254-9351.