It is often difficult to tell when a defective component contributed to a motor vehicle accident. Fortunately, the attorneys at Garmer & Prather have championed Kentucky accident victims for decades. We are familiar with common car defects that may lead to issues such as:
- Defective air bags that fail to deploy safely or that deploy unnecessarily
- Roof crushes caused by structural deficiencies
- Vehicle fires
- Defective seat belts
- Faulty brakes
- Steering and transmission defects
- Vehicle recalls and failure to recall
Whether seat back collapse or transmission failure, we are skilled at interpreting the evidence and investigating the cause of accident. We then help you evaluate your options and advise you on the best path forward in your case.
Automotive defect cases take extra time to investigate and prepare because of the technical and engineering issues involved, so it is important that you contact us early. Also, the defective vehicle must be preserved. It is nearly impossible to prove there was a defect without examining the car. If you suspect that a defect contributed to your injuries, never sign over title to your insurance company. Once the car is junked, you may have missed out on an opportunity to file a lawsuit against the manufacturer.Trust in Our Record of Success
Our Lexington firm has been at the forefront of some of the region's most serious car defect cases. Our many successes in products liability and auto defect claims include victories on behalf of:
- A young child who died when he was struck in a highway rest area by a wheel that came off an 18-wheeler going down the highway.
- A heavy equipment operator who died when the end loader he was driving, which did not have a rollover protection structure, rolled over on him.
- A young man who died of his burns when his vehicle caught fire in a collision because of a defectively engineered fuel line.
- A man who is now a quadriplegic as a result of his seat belt spooling out in a low-speed collision.
- A woman and her preteen child who were badly hurt because their air bags failed to deploy in a head-on collision.
- A woman who suffered a brain injury when the parking brake failed on her manual transmission vehicle, pinning her beneath the vehicle.
No one deserves the physical pain, emotional trauma and financial stress that accompany a preventable accident involving a defective vehicle. Our lawyers will work hard to secure results for your case, doing everything possible to prevent the same thing from happening again to another victim.Hold Manufacturers Accountable — Get the Results You Need
Pursuing a claim in civil court can be vital in holding auto manufacturers accountable and improving vehicle safety in the future. And when you are going to trial, there are few law firms as skillful and tenacious as Garmer & Prather, PLLC.
If you believe you or someone you care about has been seriously injured by a defective auto part, we urge you to contact us to arrange a free initial consultation. The sooner we begin investigating your accident, the stronger we can build your case.