Trucking Company Negligence
After a collision with a large truck, you may be struggling to recover physically and emotionally while trying to cover the extra expenses of medical bills and missing work for medical appointments. It is an overwhelming situation — but it is not one you have to face alone.
At Garmer & Prather, PLLC, we are experienced legal professionals dedicated to pursuing full and fair compensation for the victims of serious vehicle accidents. Often, in order to recoup adequate compensation, it is necessary to identify all of the negligent parties that contributed to the accident, which may include the trucking company responsible for the truck in your accident.Is It the Trucking Company's Fault?
In order to do business, trucking companies must take important precautions to ensure the safety of innocent motorists. However, these precautions may take a back seat to the company's bottom line. Trucking companies may cut corners in order to increase their productivity or decrease their costs such as:
- Scheduling drivers on trips that exceed federal regulations relating to travel and sleep time
- Failing to ensure trucks are properly loaded, balanced and secured
- Failing to discipline drivers who violate safety regulations
- Hiring unqualified drivers who lack the proper training
- Failing to keep proper records, including driver logs
- Failing to conduct proper maintenance and inspections on trucks
- Neglecting to provide safety devices on trucks to avoid causing more serious injury such as rear underride protection
Our lawyers are skilled investigators with extensive experience collecting, interpreting and processing complex evidence in serious injury matters. We will conduct a thorough review of the facts in your case so we can mount the strongest possible case on your behalf.We Hold Trucking Companies Responsible | Contact Us
Our attorneys represent people who have been injured in 18-wheeler collisions throughout Kentucky and the surrounding states. To learn more about your rights after a serious accident, we encourage you to contact us for an initial consultation at no cost. Our firm is based in Lexington.